Garlic is about as close as you get to the miracle food!
- I increases good cholesterol and cuts the bad cholesterol – you can take 1000 mg a day to get the best results for this
- It lowers blood pressure – it makes your blood vessels more flexible, which lowers blood pressure
- Helps protect against colds – take it every day for an immune enhancer
- It is a great detoxer – has even been shown to reduce lead poisoning
- It is a flavor that can be added to almost anything you cook, and harmonizes nicely
Back in the day of Eastern European Folklore, garlic was thought to ward of evil spirits and protect. I think it was probably the strong odor that warded anything off, but who knows? It is a great food additive, and a super natural medicinal herb / spice. That’s good enough for me!